Is the air-conditioner too expensive for your budget? Have a window or tower fan instead. However, as time goes on, your fan can get dirty as it rotates.
Without us realizing it, it filters the surrounding air, which isn’t 100% clean. Once it gets dirty, usually the performance of your fan drops little by little. It can even lead to stopping working. Wondering how to clean a Honeywell fan? Check the explanation below, and get insight on cleaning this cooling appliance.
How to Clean a Honeywell Fan: Cleaning Tower and Window Fan
It’s perfect for cleaning your fan every three weeks or a month. Besides improving your fan’s capability to provide cool air, cleaning the fan regularly can also help your fan deliver cleaner and fresher air. Here are the things you will need to clean out the Honeywell tower fan or window fan:
- Soft cloth. You can also get an unused, old shirt.
- Surface cleaner
- Compressed air cans
- Vacuum cleaner
To start the cleaning process, first unplug the fan and use a head screwdriver to remove excess dirt from the floor fan, table fans and quietset tower fan, and then use a cloth to wipe away the dirt and dust from the cleaning fan. Here are the steps on how to clean a Honeywell tower fan:
- First, make sure that no electricity runs on the fan. Turn the tower fan off and unplug the cable from the electric socket.
- With your screwdriver, remove the screws which anchor the casing. Then disassemble the casing.
- Get a vacuum cleaner and a medium-sized brush. Gently place the vacuum on the fan blades while brushing off the dust with the brush. Do this simultaneously and thoroughly.
- With the surface cleaner and a cloth, clean the casing and other parts of the fan.
- Reassemble the casing and place the screws back.
Besides, below is a simple explanation of how to clean a Honeywell window fan.
- As usual, make sure you’ve unplugged the power cord in the first place. Then, place your window fan in an open space so it’ll be easier to clean it.
- Remove the grill by using your screwdriver. If you use a newer window fan model, usually, you only need to press a certain button to remove the grill.
- Clean the grill using your brush and a vacuum cleaner – just like in the tower fan’s steps. To clean it more thoroughly, you can even use a dishwasher/surface cleaner and a cloth.
- Clean the blades. The dishwasher can too be used for this step. As for the casing, you can use surface cleaner as using a dishwasher may be too tricky since the casing is too big for your sink.
- Lastly, dry all the components with a dry and clean cloth and put it all back together.
Well, that’s how to clean a Honeywell fan, especially a Honeywell window fan. The first thing to unplug the appliance off from any electrical power is the essential point. Besides, please turn off the fan first before disassembling it.
Read also: How to Clean a Furnace Filter Air Flow
It’s not difficult once you get accustomed to it. Take your time to disassemble the fan and clean it with a vacuum cleaner.
As an alternative, you can also use a wet cloth. Whatever it is, cleaning a fan regularly is highly recommended since it may bring many benefits for you.