Don’t forget to check gas furnace vent pipe code when you want to install the gas furnace at home. After all, it has become the favorable and preferred heating appliance for most homeowners.
Because you will have to deal with installation and such thing, paying attention to the proper installation code is crucial. There are some regulations that you need to address to make sure that your installation is correct and proper.
The Benefits of Gas Furnace
Why would people like the gas furnace ? It has been proven to be reliable and also efficient in meeting homeowners’ heating needs. And why would you have to care about gas furnace vent pipe code? Well, the flue (which is a term referring to the vent pipe) is basically the important component from the furnace that will transport the emission from the combustion (heating) process to the outside area of the house. You don’t have to worry about any toxic gas or combustion byproduct that will linger inside the house if you have the flue..
The Different Types of Venting
When we are talking about gas furnace vent pipe code, we need to talk about the different types of the vents first. After all, you want to keep your family safe from harm. Well, making sure that you choose the right venting style will protect them. Aside from the fact that you don’t need to worry about trapped toxic gas, you don’t have to worry about fire. When any gas waste is making contact with any combustible, it will definitely create a fire.
Here are some of the venting types:
- Natural vent. Also known as the Type B, this vent is operating on the natural air convection. This structure generally uses the furnace vent pipe through roofbecause the B venting pipe is designed in vertical manner. When the vent is withdrawing air from the house, it expels the gas outside through the vent. The installation for this natural type is quite easy with modest cost. However, this kind of vent is commonly experiencing back drafting, where the indoor air pulls the combustion gas back to the indoor.
- Direct vent. This construction uses two different sizes of pipes within one unit. The outer and bigger pipe draws the air for combustion (from outside), while the smaller one is constructed on the inner position to expel the exhaust gas. The pipes can be set in two ways: horizontally through the sidewall or vertically through the roof. When compared to the natural vent, this one is more flexible although it is also costlier.
- Sidewall power vent. Also known as the induced draft fan, this one has a fan that is located on the end of the pipe. Since the exhaust pipe is running on a sidewall, the fan works together with the furnace. It will draw in air for the combustion and then expel the fume outside. This is another affordable option for the heating solution. Not o mention that it is pretty safe and highly efficient.
Be sure to understand the concept before you install one at home. Once you know about the system and be familiar with the gas furnace vent pipe code, you can continue with the installation.
Related Keywords :
- furnace exhaust pipe code
- furnace direct vent pipe installation code
- furnace vent pipe
- furnace vent code
- furnace gas vent pipes
- what is exhausted from the vent of a gas furnace
- furance venting pipe code
- code for gas furnace 2 pipe exhaust
- can i piece together vent pipe on news gas furnace
- benefits of type b venting