Nowadays, people like to use the water heater for their bathroom, so they do not need to boil the water when it is winter or cold to take a bath. Most water heater uses electricity in order to make the water hot.
So there might be some problems that will arise and usually, it has something to do with the electricity. In this article, we are going to talk about water heater tripping breaker
Electric Water Heater Tripping Breaker
There are some reasons why this can happen
- Burns the heating element, the element that heats the water might already split, spreading the electricity to the water. If this happens, the short circuit can happen too so it will cause the tripping breaker.
- Problem on the wiring or the breake, maybe the problem is not in the water heater, it might be the breaker worn out or tripped or the wire is loose in the electrical panel.
- The thermostat is broken, if the thermostat is broken, it will need more electricity than the maximum limit of the circuit can handle.
If one of those things happens, here are some things that you need to do, :
- Do not turn back on the breaker.
- Do not change into the high-rated breaker.
- You better call or contact the professional as soon as possible than trying to fix the problem by yourself. If you do not want the water heater tripping breaker to happen again, you can do the scheduled service for the water heater and ask the professional to fix it if it gets broken immediately.
New Hot Water Heater Keeps Tripping Breaker
One day you notice that there was something wrong in your new water heater, so you decided to check and reset the breaker, but after a few minutes, the problem came again. If that kind of thing happened to you, here are the things that you need to do.
Call the store or come there again and complain about what happened, or you can call the professional to fix the problem directly, it is saver and more clear. While you are waiting for the professional to come, you better do not turn back on the breaker because it is such a serious and dangerous problem.
The problems that might cause that thing happens are :
- The breaker is tripped by the water heater
- The malfunction of the thermostat—if this is the cause, then you should replace the thermostat
- There is a leak in the water heater that causes the water drain and touches the electricity
- Hot Water Heater Keeps Tripping Reset Button
There are some things that can cause this problem :
- The water in the water heater is getting too hot—when the water has reached 1800 it will reset automatically because it will protect you from burning your skin.
- Something wrong with the thermostat, so the function of the thermostat is to control the temperature of the water, when the water is getting cold, the thermostat will kick the button to make the water hot again and vice versa, when the water is getting too hot it means the thermostat did kick the button to cool the water down.
- Bad high-limit switch—the switch might have the lack of function so it is tripping when it should not.
Those problems might be one of the reasons for the water heater tripping breaker in your house. Overall, if that kind of thing happens, it is advised to contact the professional directly because water and electricity are a really dangerous combination, it can cause a serious and dangerous problem and might harm yourself.
That is why if you do not know much about electricity, you do not need to try fixing the problem or wait until it gets worse. It is better to be safe and unexpected things will not happen to you, your family, and your home.