How to charge rv batteries when your emergency battery has run out of power? Everything that is in an RV (Recreational Vehicle), such as light or electronic appliances, can operate properly through a charged RV battery.
With a charged RV battery, you can fully enjoy the full advantages that your recreational vehicle has offered. For a campers or travelers that often take their RV battery out on any outing occasions, they may need to charge the battery on regular basis.
How to Charge the RV Battery
If you know how to properly charge the rv battery, you can be sure that you won’t miss any of the perks that your recreational vehicle has. You can fully enjoy your camping activities in its full glory. Here are the steps that you need to do to properly charge the rv battery;
- The first thing that you need to do is to turn off your recreational vehicle and put the emergency brake on set. This is important since it will prevent any accidental injury. It is better to stay safe after all.
- Then, you have to locate the rv battery or batteries, since your recreational vehicle can have more than one battery. The location of RV’s batteries can differ depending on the model and size of your recreational vehicle.
- Once you have located the battery, remove the cables from the battery with a wrench. Remember that you have to remove the black cable (-) first then the red one (+).
- Clean the battery connections from corrosion if there is any using a baking soda paste, which you can on your own.
- Once the cleaning is done, open the fill cap that is on top of the battery. Check if the level of distilled water is low. If you find that the level is low, you have to pour distilled water until it reach the fill line.
- After that, connect the RV battery charger to the battery by connecting the (+) side to the red connection then the (-) side to the black connection.
- Plug the charger in and turn it on. Be patient and allow the charger to charge the battery completely. You will now that your RV battery has been fully charged when the indicator light turn on.
- Unplug the charger when your battery is fully charged and then remove the connections.
- You need to reconnect the battery cable by connecting the (+) cable first then the (-) cable. Tighten them with a wrench.
- If you have more than one RV batteries, you can charge them in the same steps above.
Take any precaution and watch for any rv battery charging problem that you may face off later. Do not just throw the battery out and buy a new one when your battery can’t be charged properly. Just like any battery, RV battery is also has limited life span of use.
The proper maintenance can affect the life span of every battery. Hope that this article can give you insight on how to charge rv batteries.