Frosted glass is one type of glass, which is a bit translucent instead of entirely crystal clear. It has its own appeal compared to the typical clear glass because it offers a different appearance to enhance your space’s visual aesthetic.
One of the main benefits of frosted glass is the low maintenance it requires. So, how to clean the frosted glass properly? Find out about the answer down below.
Two Methods to Clean Your Frosted Glass at Home
To clean frosted glass, you will need a non-acidic liquid cleaner and a gentle scrub tool. An alkaline-based cleaning agent with a higher pH level than 7 can break down grime and mineral deposits. It helps to cleanse frosted glass more delicately because an abrasive substance has the potential to scratch it.
A door created from this particular material is best to be cleaned by using ammonia or alkaline cleaners. Here are the steps on how to clean frosted glass internal doors:
- Spray a generous amount of glass door cleaner on your glass surface. Just spray the substance down until you dampen the whole surface. It is important to put a decent amount of cleaner to break down the grime and dirt.
- Using a paper towel, wipe and rub the door surface in a circular motion.
- Let the surface dry, or use another dry paper towel or microfiber cloth to dry it.
The process of cleaning frosted glass depends on where the glass is located because it determines whether you need to wash it up on the spot or not.
The procedure on how to clean a frosted glass vase, for example, is different from the tutorial to clean the door above. Here is how you can get your frosted glass vase to be fresh-looking again:
- Bring the vase to the sink, which first must be filled with warm water and dish soap. Prepare a sponge or microfiber cloth as well.
- Let the vase soak inside the soapy water for several minutes to release the grime and dirt.
- The next step on how to clean frosted glass is to rub the vase’s surface lightly. For areas that have many build-ups of dirt, scrub it more strongly.
- Drain the dirty soapy water in the sink, then rinse the vase with clean, warm water.
- Let the frosted glass vase completely dry before putting it back to the original times. The typical duration it needs to dry out is less than an hour.
If you have done the steps above but still find any scum residue, you might want to use a tougher cleaner. It can be created by mixing one cup of water, one tablespoon of baking soda, and dishwashing soap.
Then rub the mixture using a towel or sponge and let it dry before scrubbing the frosted glass with dry paper towels or newspaper.
Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to know how to repair frosted glass when it’s scratched because you might add even more scratch. I hope the tutorials on how to clean frosted glass can help you get it all fresh and polished.Related keywords :
- gas fireplace shuts off,GE front loader motor not running,hair waching machine repeir tub com,how long does it take to remove and install a water heater