Do your leftovers have a lukewarm temperature? Is it possible that your milk will go sour within a few hours? You should check your refrigerator’s temperature. It is most likely the whirlpool fridge not cooling as efficiently as it should. But why is it suddenly breaking down?
4 Reasons Why Whirlpool Refrigerator Not Cooling But Freezer Is Working
- The refrigerator is overflowing.
An overstuffed refrigerator is a common cause of the whirlpool refrigerator not cooling but the freezer working. If too much food is in the refrigeration compartment, proper airflow can be obstructed. Your food will be warmer than it should be if cold air is not circulated correctly.
So, how much is too much? Anything over 3/4 full will obstruct your unit’s airflow. If your refrigerator isn’t getting cold, but your freezer is, it’s time to clean and organize your unit.
Read also: How to Clean Garbage Disposal Unit with Easy
- The condenser fan motor condition has declined.
If your whirlpool fridge not cooling, the problem with the condenser fan is usually the source of a refrigerator that isn’t cooling correctly. It circulates cold air through the condenser coil to cool it and provide a steady supply of cold air.
If that fan isn’t working correctly, your refrigerator will overheat, and it simply doesn’t work whatsoever.
- The door seal on your whirlpool refrigerator is dirty or broken.
Check the door seals when your whirlpool fridge isn’t cooling, but the freezer is working. The seal is often overlooked, but if it is dirty, cracked, or ripped, the door will not close properly, and cold air will leak out.
- The compressor has failed.
The refrigerator will not cool if the compressor, which circulates the refrigerant throughout the system, increasing pressure in the circuit’s warm parts and raising the refrigerant’s temperature, fails.
This is, however, an extremely rare occurrence. Before replacing the compressor, inspect all of the more commonly faulty parts. After you’ve ensured that all of the other components are in good working order, inspect the compressor.
Check for continuity between the electrical pins on the compressor’s side with a multimeter.
Whirlpool Refrigerator Troubleshooting
Here’s how to improve the air circulation in your refrigerator and avoid overstuffing:
- Food that has already spoiled, as well as old food containers, should be discarded.
- Using a clean cloth and warm soapy water, clean the inside of the refrigerator.
- Reshelving and reorganizing can help to improve air circulation.
- Keep the refrigerator at 34% capacity for the best air circulation.
A condenser fan may stop spinning for a variety of reasons.
- First, make sure the blade is clear of debris and dirt.
- If necessary, use a towel to remove the adhering. It is also critical to inspect the refrigerator’s motor. Because if it is damaged, a new one may be required to get it working again.
Read also: Why Your Ceiling Fan Making Buzzing Noise
If the door seal is dirty or broken, please follow these recommendations:
- Examine the door seal to see if any parts are loose or have failed. The cold temperature can pass through any flaws in the seal.
- Have a certified refrigerator technician replace the seal if there are gaps, cracks, or other issues.
If the compressor has failed, please see the recommendation below:
- If there is an open circuit, the compressor is most likely faulty. If the compressor fails, it must be replaced by a licensed technician.
Water filters, displays, and other mechanical parts must be serviced regularly to keep the hardworking appliance running smoothly. If the refrigerator is beeping or showing signs of malfunction, it may just need to be reset.
There is no need to waste or eat all the cold food before it spoils. Instead, try one of these quick fixes to get your refrigerator working again.
Always consult the owner’s manual for instructions on properly caring for your refrigerator.