Today, we are going to give you owner’s guide of Autotrol water softener. We will include frequently asked questions about what they are, how to set the for water conditioner maintenance or water softener, what they do, as well as the adjustment of the backwash or regeneration cycle frequency and the salt dose of water softener. Let’s check the explanation below!
What are the four basic tasks or adjustments to use a water softener?
Since the volume and hardness of water that is used are vary from one building to the other buildings, a water conditioner or softener includes the Autotrol water softener parts allow the building or installer to adjust and control the system in order to work successfully.
Water softener or water conditioner usually controls either analog-type dials with levers, pins, or buttons. There are two principal related to water adjustment. The first one is that water softener is automagically by water sensors of hardness that followed by two basic chores maintenance. The second one is that the water softener is done manually by an owner.
How Autotrol Water Softener Works ?
Below are the steps of how water softener is automagically by water sensors.
- Set the Backwash Frequency or Regen: the water’s frequency of water conditioner of the backwash cycle or regeneration cycle.
- Set the salt dose: the amount of salty water or salt that has to be run through the water conditioner during every backwash cycle or regeneration cycle.
- Add salt: since the water softener or water conditioner consumes salt during every backwash cycle or regeneration, you will need to buy and then add salt to the tank of brine from time to time. You can decide when you add salt by visual check – salt gets low within the tank of brine, or you can hire a maintenance company of water softener who will help you to deliver and install the salt right away.
- Clean the water conditioner: you need to clean the water conditioner in order to make the system works successfully
How to set the regeneration cycle frequency & water softener clock?
Since the water conditioners as well as their controls are various among companies and models, we will discuss some methods for deciding and making the necessary adjustments or settings below on this equipment. There is also a third task of maintenance for owners’ building who have a water conditioner and need to set the clock. Let’s take a look our guide to set the controls of water softener.
- Look thoroughly: first, know every part of the standard control of the water softener. The salt dose and the time of day will occur once the user is permitted to specify the days on a backwash or recharge cycle.
- Set the water clock of the softener: setting the clock on the control of water softener is important for two reasons. The first one is that you won’t be annoyed by hearing a noisy noise once it runs during the recycles when you are out of home or fall asleep. The second reason is that since the recharge cycle of water softener uses plenty of water, it’s a nice idea to send the waste to the septic system at a time when another fixtures of plumbing are not in use that will spread the load of wastewater on the septic system out in a quite long period.
- Set the dial of the clock to get accurate time of day. You need to set the regeneration time of water softener to an hour once the occupants of the building are rarely to use water, like at 2AM which is the standard manufacturer pre-set hour of regeneration. A clock dial of unit is described as grey colored section corresponds to hours during daytime and the section in a black colored corresponds to hours during night time. Usually the dial of the clock is controlled and adjusted by lifting it up and changing it to the right position, or turning a dial to line up the right hour everyday with an arrow of indicator.
If you are confused, where the clock is on the water softener and how to set it, it’s probably the same question that many people ask about. Well, first you can send a photo of your equipment as well as the control cover to Autotrol website so you can full guidance. Either LCD or LED display type, water conditioners or softeners, it’s hard to see a dial that is similar to a clock with hands.
If you look at it very carefully, the clock on the water conditioner control is able to set by turning the marked of the knob “Time of Day” which has numbers on it along with the current PM or AM hour which is opposite to the point of arrow. It is same with Autotrol water softener since you will see the same button of “Time Set”.
If you set the clock on the control of water conditioner to AM in the white area or PM in the black area, the hours will be opposite to the pointer in a black colored and the red arrow will point at that. Meanwhile, on the electronic water softener display like in the Autotrol 460i, you may need to set the jumper right after the word TIME in order to set the time of the day. You can find the word on the blue arrow or control and then push the button with red arrow which you see the word “Time Set” until the correct PM or AM time of day is showed on a the display of the LED.
So, we hope that you are no longer confused about the water softener you have. There are many tips and guidance for you and even tutorial video if you need clearer instruction. Don’t forget to always seek for help from the experts to avoid malfunction or system error if you have problems. understanding the basic adjustment and the control system of water softener will be much more helpful so that you can at least handle little problem of your own. Related Keywords : autotrol 460i frequent regenAUTOTROL 460I HARDNESSautotrol water softenerhow a autotrol water softener works image,