Every building must need plumbing in order to make the people who use it able to do activities that need water like taking a bath, washing, and going to the toilet.
There are some types of plumbing pipes that we better know to make sure we have chosen the right pipe. In this article, we are going to see some of the types of plumbing.
Table of Contents
Types of Plastic Water Pipe
PVC water pipe
PVS stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride, the function for this pipe is to drain clean water, used-water, drainage, and rainwater. People sometimes use a different colour to make them easier to differentiate the function each pipe, the usual colour for this pipe is actually white.
CPVC water pipe
CPVS stands for Chlorinate Poly Vinyl Chloride, this pipe is able to resist the temperature until 1,8000C. This pipe is usually used in the water and cold water installation
Copper water pipe
This is one of the types of plumbing pipes that is usually used in the refrigerant installation because of its high resistance of cold and hot temperature. It can also be used above and inside the ground
It stands for Cross-linked Polyethylene, this is another type of pipes that is able to use in the cold and hot water installation. It can also be used for hydraulic because of its tolerance for hot and cold water
Galvanized water pipe
This one is made from metal and steel as its cover, the installation for this pipe needs a lot of accuracy. This pipe can be used above and inside the soil
HDPE water pipe
HDPE stands for High-Density Polyethylene, this pipe is made from non-toxic plastic that has high elasticity. This one is really suitable to use in the house for daily use
PP-R water piper
This pipe is made from polypropylene random, it can drain water that has high temperature and tension.
Types of Plumbing Pipes Materials
There are some kinds of materials that are used to make the pipes, generally, there are seven kinds of materials to make the pipe, which are :
- Carbon steel
- Ferro nickel
- Stainless steel
- PVC (paralon)
- Chrom moly
And then, specifically there are also seven kinds of materials, which are:
- Wrought iron
- Red brass
- Nickel cooper
- Nickel chrom iron
There are also seven based rules to choose the materials before the company makes it :
- The pipes for power plant
- The pipes for air and gas industry
- The pipes for refining crude oil
- The pipes for oil carrying
- The pipes for cooling
- The pipes for nuclear power
- The pipes for gas distribution and transmission
- Different Types of Pipes for Plumbing
There are three kinds of pipes that are used to drain the water, clean water, used-water, and dirty water.
The Pipes for Clean Water
- HDPE pipes—it stands for High- Density Polyethylene, it is really suitable for clean water because the degree of riftness is really low and also very flexible
- PP-R pipe—this one is perfect for the hot clean water
- PVC-0 pipe—the volume of the water that will be drained from this pipe is really big
The Pipes for Used-Water
- PVC pipe
- Silent technology pipe—this is perfect for the high building or for those who want their sewerage quite
The Pipes for Dirty Water
- PVC pipe for wastewater—this pipe is specially made for the water waste, the majority colour for this pipe is brown
- Astolan pipe—this is made for draining the wastewater that has a high temperature
- PVC pipe
- Silent technology pipe
Those are the types of plumbing pipes and the brief information about pipes that people might need to know, so they will be able to choose the right pipe for their needs.
It is very important to choose the right one because it will affect the drainage, if we choose the right pipe for the specific drainage, it will also make the water drain perfectly and help the daily needs.