Do you have a water heater? If so, you may need to know about how to solve water heater not turning on. Actually, water heater can be useless thing if there is damage or problem happens to it. The common problem is when water heater can’t be turned on. How to solve it? You can use the tips below.
What is the Cause of Water Heater Can’t be Turned On?
Every problem happens because of a reason. What is the cause of water heater can’t be turned on? Actually, there are some factors that cause it. But, the common reason is because of controller. Yes, some problems on water heater controller can cause water heater doesn’t want to start.
When it happens, the water heater can’t be used optimally, even lead to other bad thing—it will not work and will not provide hot or warm water.
When this condition happens to your water heater, the best way to solve it is replacing the controller. On the gas water heater, the controller called thermocouple. When we can fix the problem on thermocouple, the water heater will be able to work as usual.
How to Solve Water Heater Can’t be Turned On
If you have gas water heater, there are some steps you can use for solving this problem. Here are easy and simple steps you can follow:
- The first step to do is checking your gas supply. For you who have propane tank, check it because it may be empty. You will see valves between heater and gas sources. Make sure all the valves are in on position.
- Turn off the gas valve and turn it to pilot. You can do it while light the pilot. If the pilot can’t start, you have to clean the pilot supply tube. After that, disconnect it with blow compressed air and wrench through it.
- 60 seconds after the pilot starts, you can hold in the gas valve to release it.
- Prepare a new thermocouple that is suitable with your water heater. To install it is very easy. It may just need one or two screws. It depends on the type or model of your water heater.
- If your water heater still can’t be turned on, you can replace the gas valve. Make sure you do every step carefully to avoid bad risk. If you are not sure to do it by yourself, you can ask help from professional.