Condensation on ac vent can happen anywhere and to anyone. Why? Well, it mostly because of the steams of water comes out of their suspension and condenses into a liquid form when it comes in contact with colder surface. That is why a condensation formed on your air conditioner.
If you do not quickly solve this condensation problem, you will find more problems than you like. There will be water dripping out of your Air Conditioner vent into the insulation that will cause the later to compress and then decreasing the ability to insulate properly.
Condensation can also cause leaking ceiling as the water drip off of the vent. The ceiling will look horrible as it is rotting and can collapse sooner or later. A yellowy, moldy plague can also appear by the time because of the condensation on your air conditioner vent that can be a health issue.
There are some causes that cause the condensation to form. Let’s take a look at the causes down below.
The Condensation Causes
Once you have already familiar with how the condensation formed, look at the causes that cause the condensation to form on your air conditioner vent.
- Too Much Moisture in the Air. There is water all around us, even in the air that we breathe, in the form of water vapor. The moisture in the air can cause humidity when the air can no longer hold the water. Since there is lots of humidity near the air conditioner vent, the chance of condensation forming is likely to happen. Water vapor that drops out will come in contact with cold surface. That is when the air conditioner vents sweatingand condensation will form.
- The Dew Point Temperature. The temperature can also be the cause of condensation forming. When the temperature goes down, the air can hold limited amount of water vapor. When that happens, the level of humidity will also rise. The cold air will not be able to hold the moisture of warm air that at some point the air becomes saturated. This is called the dew point temperature. Dew will start forming which will later causes condensation.
- Inadequate Insulation. The proper insulation in the air conditioner vent will prevent the condensation from forming, since the warm and moist air will not come in contact with the vent. On the other hand, if your insulator is insufficient, then the warm air will be able to get to your air conditioner vent that will cause condensation.
When you face this problem, you need to check the cause of the temperature changing and which part of the AC that needs to be replaced. Check the temperature inside and outside of the vents. You can check with the thermometer by holding it in the air.
Then check your AC’s fan if it is working or not. If the fan is not working properly, then you need to replace it as the fan can’t cool the air anymore. If there is no problem with the AC units, then you need to improve the insulators with a greater insulation to prevent the condensation on ac vent.
Related Keywords :
- condensation on vent
- what causes condensation to drip from vents in rv
- why does condensation form on ac vent